Learn more about our surgical services below!
Soft Tissue Surgery
Surgical Care and Services
Alliston Veterinary Services provides surgical services for dogs, cats, rabbits, rodents, and more. Your pet’s safety and comfort are our top priority, so you can be sure that your pet will receive only the best and safest anesthetic and surgical care.
Our procedures include the following:
- Pre-surgical Consultation and Examination — We perform an exam and answer any questions you may have prior to your pet’s surgery
- IV Catheter Placement — An I.V catheter is placed in one of the peripheral veins to assist in the administration of medications and fluids if necessary
- Isoflurane Anesthesia — Isoflurane gas is a safe, short acting anesthetic gas that has been used in human medicine. It is used to keep your pet unconscious during surgical procedures
- Experienced Monitoring Support — Our trained veterinary technicians use state-of-the-art anesthetic monitors to continuously monitor your pet’s pulse rate, oxygen levels and temperature
- Pain Medication — Administered prior to and after surgery to ensure your pet’s comfort.
- Pre-Anesthetic Blood Work (required for any surgical patients 7 years of age and older) — Ensures your pet is healthy enough to undergo a surgical procedure and that its internal organs can safely process the anesthesia.
- We offer pre-anesthetic ECG to assess for cardiac abnormalities – these are submitted to a cardiologist from IDEXX for review and are mandatory for pets 7 years and older.
- IV Fluids (required for any surgical patients 7 years of age and older for procedures requiring general anesthesia) – Fluids are given during surgery and after surgery to maintain blood pressure and help your pet recover quickly from the anesthesia. All surgeries that are under general anesthesia receive IV fluid administration.
- 24 Hr Pet Watch Microchip — This tiny microchip provides a permanent, positive identification which cannot be lost, altered or intentionally removed – a safe, simple and inexpensive way to protect your pet against loss or theft.
Veterinary Surgical Services
Alliston Veterinary Services provides surgical services for dogs and cats. We offer a clean and well-equipped facility and an experienced team to provide your pet with high-quality surgical care in a stress-free and relaxing environment.
Dr. Christine Parker and her associates are experienced with a range of surgeries. All of our procedures include a thorough pre-surgical physical examination by the doctor, surgical monitoring, and lots of care and attention throughout the day.
We offer the following soft tissue procedures:
- Scrotal Ablation
- Tail Amputations
- Mass /Tumor Removal
- Limb amputation
- Dewclaw removal
The following orthopedic procedures are offered at Alliston Veterinary Services by Dr. John Brajkovich:
- Fracture Repair
- Femoral Head Osteotomy (FHO)
- Tibial Tuberosity Advancement (TTA)
- Cranial Cruciate Ligament (CCL) Repair
- Tight Rope Cranial Cruciate Ligament
- Patellar Luxation Repair